The Divorce And My Son.



DIVORCE AND YOU

This is a female friends story:


It's been over 1 year since the divorce was finalized and 2 years since he left. Once in a while my 8-year-old son will ask me something about what happened. Out of the blue.  

Like that night. At his bedtime, we were reading a verse of scripture about keeping vows. Son says "Mommy, you know this is for you, right? You divorced and you didn't keep your vows". Sigh. 

There's only so much I can explain to my 8-year-old. Times like this are hard. I have learnt to give my son over to God to heal and restore him. He is the only one who can. I'm also watchful and try to be sensitive. I have to give him time and space to grieve. 

Why do I share these things? Because I want you to know the truth. Divorce is very costly. Don't believe today's culture that flaunts divorce as the quick fix to all your marital problems. "Just get out and enjoy your life again".  Not true. Divorce has deep ramifications far beyond "your feelings", "your needs", "your wants". Far beyond You.

If you're thinking about marriage, count the cost. Nothing will challenge you to maturity like marriage. A good marriage may look effortless from the outside, but it takes work. Lots of hard work. Don't get married if you're not ready to grow up and choose that ONE.

If you're thinking about divorce, please count the cost. (Of course, situations of abuse, infidelity or abandonment are another matter entirely, not being addressed here .....) If you have a willing spouse, it is better in the long run to face your hard truth in the mirror, roll up your sleeves and build the marriage of your dreams with God at the center, before you do this thing that will impact your life, your children's lives and generations to come. Forever. 

If you're divorced, life goes on. Make peace with God, let Him heal you, hold Him tight and trust Him for better days ahead.


And if you're His, you can be sure that "all things work together for good to them that love God".


source: a female friend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RHYTHM OF LAUGHTER 8.0 THE ELECTION

GENTLEMAN'S CODE 102

JOS CARNIVAL 2019: A SEED SPROUTING AND FLOURISHING