I AM PLATEAU (a poem)



I stand tall on the high towering peaks
I beckon to the weary and raggedy travelers
To come savor my green plains and still ponds
I am Plateau, I'm not a terrorist.

I have seasons desirable to all and sundry
I welcome all to sip my waters and sweet wines
I keep you warm with my very own blankets
I am Plateau, I'm not a killer.

In terrible times my bosom cuddles you
I ask for no favors and I take no levies
I give you my virgins to plant your seeds
I'm Plateau, I'm not a rioter.

I have ponds of delight and not ponds of death
I have Beroms, Taroks, Goemais, etc, not Enders
I have love, joy, happiness, etc, not sadism
I am Plateau, I'm not a murderer.

My extreme hospitality never runs dry
I share my soups and morsels with strangers
My fruits and herbs I hoard not from you
I'm Plateau, I'm not a terrorist.


David King
2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RHYTHM OF LAUGHTER 8.0 THE ELECTION

GENTLEMAN'S CODE 102

JOS CARNIVAL 2019: A SEED SPROUTING AND FLOURISHING